A Licensing Agreement Form is a document involving two parties used to grant the right to use certain real or intellectual property.
The two parties preparing the Licensing Agreement can be a single person, partnership or organization and are known as the Licensor and the Licensee.
Some examples of a Licensing Agreement Form are the right to use a trademark from a Licensor on a product that belongs to the Licensee.
The Licensee applies for the right to distribute a product belonging to the Licensor, and the Licensor giving the rights to use a design or process to a Licensee.
Do it yourself Licensing Agreement Forms provided online are simple and flexible templates that contain numerous sections for a variety of optional documentation.
Licensing Agreement Forms protect the Licensor’s rights when allowing the use of intellectual property, especially technology products.
You need a Licensing Agreement Form if you intend to give someone permission to use or sell your property.
In business, a Licensing Agreement Form does not need to be full of legal jargon. A Licensing Agreement should be easy to understand, straightforward and enforceable.
When drafting a Licensing Agreement, you need to include the following:
- Details of the Licensing Agreement or what the license actually entails.
- Fees, payments, and revenue generated by the granting of the Licensing Agreement.
- Length of the Licensing Agreement
- Prohibited acts and uses of the licensed product or property.
- Limited liability on the part of the Licensor.
- Cure for disagreements between the parties.
- Termination procedures of the Licensing Agreement.
Our Free DIY Licensing Agreement Forms help protect your rights.
Save lots of time with our Free Licensing Agreement template online.